I have found several menus from the South Hadley area.
All items are available with both front and back scans, and comments about what is written on the front or back, either by the user or by the publisher, are included below.
- Croysdale Inn Menu, circa 1937
- outside This menu measures about 8" long, and about 3.5" wide, and is one sheet of paper folded down the middle. The outside portion has a small picture of the Inn's entrance, the address (19 Woodbridge St), the phone number ("2628-w"), its motto ("Cups that Cheer but not inebriate"), and its hours.
- inside The inside portion shows the menu items and prices. Many of the prices have been corrected by inking out the old prices and writing the new ones next to them. Two new items were added in ink as well. Prices range from 5 cents for a small cup of coffee, to $1.25 for chicken and waffles.
- Mount Holyoke College Boston&Maine Railroad Menu
- front Boston & Maine Railroad "Minute Man Service." Shows a photo of Abbey Chapel and Williston Memorial Library. "Mount Holyoke College, located at South Hadley, Mass. and founded in 1837 by Mary Lyon, is an educational institution for young women, granting degrees of Bachelor of Arts, Master of Arts, Master of Arts in Education, and Certificate of American Studies for foreign students. In five years a student may also complete work for both a B. A. degree and a diploma in nursing."
- page 1Specials
- page 2A la carte
- back pageWine List
- 1948 New York Central Railroad Menu
- front Features Mary Lyon Tower. "Mount Holyoke College at South Hadley, Massachusetts served through Springfield by the Boston & Albany Route on the New York Central"
- left inside A la carte menu items
- right inside Combination breakfasts
- back History of Mount Holyoke, and the words to the Alma Mater
- A second New York Central Railroad Menu
- front Same front as the one previously listed
- left inside A la carte menu items - a different list than the previous menu
- right inside Selective meals - a different list than the previous menu
- back Same reverse as the previous menu
- River Lodge Menu
- front A restaurant in South Hadley Falls. Handwritten in green ink on a green menu. Estimated 1950s-1960s printing.
- Mount Holyoke Menu
- front The college seal on leather.
- inside Handwritten. "Menu / Consomme, Bread Sticks, Clam Fritters, Roast Turkey, Cranberry Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, String Beans, Lettuce and Tomato Salad, Olives, Almonds, Ice Cream, Assorted Cake, Coffee, Fruit Punch" On the second page: "Toasts / Toast-mistress Alice Betts / Mount Holyke - Alice Ryder / "Creat Things are done when men and mountains meet" / The Faculty - Alice Forsyth "Our friends, the enemy." The Useful and the Beautiful - Miss Marks / Great Expectations. - Mary Dixon / 1904's Own Blue Gertrude Palmer"
- Class of 1904 Menu
- front Hand drawn and colored.
- inside Handwritten. "Supper / Chicken Salad, Rolls, Olives, Strawberry Short Cake, Chocolate" On second page: "Toasts / Toast Mistress Betsey Mann "Better Lo'ed ye ne'er can be, Will ye no come back again" Mary Brown / The wonder of our stage Harriet Marey / Mount Ararat Ella Smith / 1906 "In small proportions we just beauties see." Emma Hanna / O Music, Friend of Pleasure Wisdom's Aid. Nell Fitz."
- Class of 1904's First Reunion
- front Leather cover.
- title page "Class of 1904 Reunion Banquet / Hotel Hamilton / Holyoke, Mass. / June 16, 1906"
- menu Menu and toasts offered.
- Ron Roc Diamond Bar and Cocktail Lounge
- front Ron Roc Diamond Bar and Cocktail Lounge, 500 New Ludlow Road, South Hadley. It looks like the early 1960s.
- inside left Full course dinners, ranging from $2.95 to $5.50; dessert is 50 cents.
- inside right Smorgasbord, ranging from $1.25 to $2.50.
- back Photos inside the restaurant.
- Mary-Elin Tea Shop
- front Small tri-fold menu
- back Menu items at the Mary-Elin Tea Shop